I mean I still don’t get it. One moment it’s January for 78 years then I’m drinking margaritas on a beach and now I’m supposed to enjoy autumn colours and drink pumpkin spice lattes and what is this crazy life?
October is finished? SAY WHAT? How? When? Why? WHYYYYY?
My October was busy, busy, very busy. I worked A LOT. I drank and ate, a lot (but not as much as I wanted) and I shopped a lot (went a bit crazy after buying literally nothing in September). I’m still v upset over the fact I didn’t make it to a pumpkin patch or went for a hike as planned, but hey, it’s autumn until late December.
This months picks that made it into favourites are a random mix of new stuff or very old, newly rediscovered stuff. So before I start making list of things that caused my bank statement look like I’m back at uni, let’s see what were my most used/most loved things last 31 days.
Beauty & makeup
- Kiehl’s facial oil. After summer made me look ten years older than I actually am I was desperate for a nice and light oil to give my complexion a radiant and energized look morning to night. For me personally, £38.00 is a shit ton of money but I decided to invest into myself and I didn’t regret it. I shit you not, if I had a pound for every time someone complimented my skin I’d be freaking Oprah, okay? And more importantly I can honestly see the difference when I use the oil and when I don’t. Totally worth the money!
- Beauty Pie Bronzer. Oh. My. Golden. Goddess. Heart. I won’t lie, I’v been feeling a bit blue ever since rain season in this big old smoke started. I’m just missing the sun and having a tan. My God, does everything look better on me with a tan? Or nothing on me, with a tan? Buying a bronzer wasn’t on my list but whilst browsing very hyped Beauty Pie online shop I came across this absolutely stunning product and I’M GOOD.
- Dr. Paw Paw balm. I was out. My lips were dry. I forgot my beloved Glossier balm dot at home. So I ran into a store to buy my usual 2nd choice Carmex, just to get me through the day. And saw like a million VSCO girls standing in front of me and chit-chatting over a small yellow tube. I mean, MOVE IT GIRLIES? I’m late! And then I overheard them saying how Emma Watson uses the pink one and I was OK, now move so I can grab it. I WAS INFLUENCED by fifteen-year-olds. Goodness me. Oh well, this balm became my saving grace this month. Didn’t have a dry lip syndrome yet plus my lips are freaking moisturised and they look very juicy because it’s slightly tinted.
- Aesop Geranium Body Balm. I very frequently visit Aesop shops because their interiors are freaking goals, ok? I can’t afford buying their products all the time(although their hand creams are just probably the best freaking thing ever) and this was a gift. And it came with a matching shower gel that should have made into my summer favourites (but that post never happened). Ok, now I’m not a massive body balm user as I prefer oils on my very dry skin however I gave it a try. Firstly, it smells freaking AMAZING! Like, am I in some sort of magical botanical garden? Secondly, it’s texture is just divine. And lastly, it leaves my skin looking very radiant and soft, so to anyone out there, I wouldn’t mind a refill for Christmas, thank you very much!
Fashion & accessories
- Longchamp Le Pliage Neo bag. This bag was a birthday present to me, from me. It is such a statement piece (am I a fashion blogger, yet?) Jesus, here’s the deal I needed something to go with everything at anytime of the day (so preferably black), big enough to fit my essentials like a baby or two bottles of vodka if needed, but mostly to store my laptop and snacks and that’s not going to break like my last tote bag which did crack under pressure of carrying coke zero six pack and packet of crisps.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Trainers. Yes I’m that basic bitch. I don’t care, I’ve been her since I was 12. I still remember buying my first pair of Chucks, and my mum trying to convince me to buy pink glittery ones and I really just wanted the black ones, and I of course ended up with both but that’s just how I roll (hence will never probably never afford to buy a house in London) 13 YEARS LATER, and boom still very much enjoying wearing shoes that made me look very rebellious early on in life.
- Primark dress. I don’t really buy clothes in Primark, I buy pyjamas in Primark, and tights, and my socks. But I have to give it to them that their autumn collections is JUST as DIVINE as freaking AFFORDABLE. I bought two everyday dresses and I very much wear them all the time.
- Hoop earrings. BECAUSE. YOU. CAN. NEVER. HAVE. ENOUGH. HOOP. EARRINGS. They came in pack of 3, they are same but different. I’m sorted for a month or so.
- Heartburn by Nora Ephron. It’s been sitting on my shelf since late May until I saw a girl reading it on the train one Sunday afternoon in September so I decided to finally give it a go. One of my favourite podcasters, Dolly Alderton (from the Love Stories with Dolly Alderton and The High Low Podcast) always raves about this book and Nora Ephron and I have to admit I can finally see why. Heartburn is as hilarious as it is heartbreaking and it took me a week (but it can be read in a day) and was left with *OH MY FUCKING GOD, WHY DID IT TAKE ME 25 YEARS TO READ THIS AMAZING NOVEL?*
- The Skinny Confidential Podcast: Him & Her. Just one of my latest obsessions. When I work in the office (three times a week) I listen to podcasts all day long and TSC has been one of my favourites lately. Hear me out. I’ve been following Lauryn’s lifestyle blog for years now but could never get over her very loud, obnoxious, american voice. HOWEVER, one of my favourite YouTubers swears her podcast changed her life and perspective of it YOU KNOW, so what did I have to lose? I chose first episode to be just her (she usually does it with her husband and they often have very successful and inspirational guests) I SHIT YOU NOT, OK? I SHIT YOU NOT! She motivated me to work sooooooooooo freaking hard I legit didn’t want to leave the office. I mean, come on!!! I’m now working on listening all the episodes (all 294) from the beginning and you know me, binging is my vibe.
- Spin classes. I USED TO FUCKING HATE SPINNING. My bottom would hurt for three days after, I’d look like an angry tomato afterwards and most of the time I’d feel like Amy Schumer in that movie I feel pretty, but before she hit her head. All that being said, I fucking love them now. Because all I needed to do was to find a class that works for me. And that’s a class with great music and an instructor that actually shows you what to do and how to do it. I mean, is it possible to be more basic???
- Michelle Choi and hers Living alone diaries. I’ve been kinda watching too much YouTube lately and I’m not going to fucking deny that. When I find content I like, I LIVE & BREATHE for it. And Michelle’s videos are just right up my alley. There is something very calming and reassuring about them and her lifestyle. It’s almost like she’s living slowly and very intentional. Subscribed.
- Pinterest app. Some will say, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK BARB, IT IS 2019!!! Bur hey, I’ve just always been a Tumblr kinda girl, alright? I’ve had an Pinterest account for like a minute now but I’ve only gotten to used and actually enjoy it this past month. I have to seriously pay attention to the time otherwise I go down that internet rabbit hole and adios, will see you in 2020! *here’s my Pinterest profile, just FYI
- Hustle by Pink. Just my jam lately. I play it every time I’m on my way to the office and it puts me into my *bitch please* mood. YAAS.
- Instagram profile: @sophieedwards_tcmp This girl is just goals man. Her insta is just soooo FASHIONABLE, in a normal fucking everyday style. And what’s even more amazing is that she’s currently doing series of how to style one thing and wear it 31 way, SAY WHAT? AND EVEN MORE AMAZING, is that she’s doing 100 active days and I won’t lie I’m kinda low key doing it with her. SUCH. A. BABE.
*my monthly favourites are usually thing’s I’ve used/consumed and enjoyed the most in a past month and not necessarily something new. This post contains some affiliate links which means that if you buy anything via my link to a retailer, I’ll make a quid or two in commission, but it doesn’t cost you any extra.